domingo, 8 de janeiro de 2012

DDT - Deambulações DeMentes Teóricas 16

The Serial Killer - Part VI
fklçds
They had all sorts of theories about my work and myself.
There was a method to my madness, they insisted. Sometimes they would not agree upon it.
I was a frustrated painter, or
I had a domineering mother, or
I had been sexually abused by several people, or
I wanted to send a message to the world, not in a bottle, but in my victims' flesh, or
I was meticulous, obssessive and compulsive, or
I was paranoid, schizophrenic and suffered from hallucinations.
The FBI wrote an extensive possible profile on me, which was frequentely quoted by everybody who had no idea what to make of me. The report said, quote: "White male, most probably in his twenties, with some kind of physical incapacitation or left alone for long periods of time in his childhood. The individual seeks out to dominate others through the enactment of his most profound fantasies, since it is the only area in his life where he was ever able to master some kind of control."
I will not bore you with the rest of the hilarities on the report. Suffice to say that it went on with increasingly more unbelievable nonsense. Bottom line was they had no idea who they were looking for and I was having fun sending them confusing signals with each murder I commited.
This went on for about five years, until at last someone made a breakthrough on the other side. A young enthusiastic investigator noticed a detail that had escaped everybody else's sharp eye - the thread used in the enacted picture of the last victim was the same as the one used in two other victims. The thread was sold by a local company only in that particular state, the one I had lived for a few months prior to the four last crimes. Of course this helped reduce the field of search and restrict a possible opperational area. They got closer and I had to stop. I wasn't paranoid, I was just cautious. They weren't that close, but I wasn't going to risk everything by being greedy. I did nothing for the next three years. But then something happened that made it virtually impossible for me not to kill.

Sem comentários: