quinta-feira, 27 de dezembro de 2012

My present for you:

In another life

You were a man in a travelling show
Who sold potions and spells to go
I tried them all for you
To convince the crowd it was all true

You were a poet, tormented
Maybe even a little demented
I was there to write things down
Sometimes to be your literary clown

You were a magician with top hat
Maybe even a little fat
I was the girl you cut in two
And I did that just for you

You piloted a baloon
Dangerously close to sun and moon
I was your navigator, day and night
Always sick and afraid of heights

You searched for lost manuscripts
And strange, ancient artifacts
I helped you read the maps
And disarm all sorts of traps

In another life, maybe
We were all these things and plenty more
In another life, could very well be
We were together, for sure

In this life, it's true
You are an amazing actor
I try to follow your every cue
And be your best stage partner

Sem comentários: