sábado, 8 de agosto de 2009

City Skeletons 7


kdfçslkf
I've been to many cities.
I have paced the narrow, shadowed streets of Manhattan, embraced by the steel and glass giants that cover the sun.
I have trailed the paths of kings and queens in old London and Westminster Towns, surrounded by all colors, all races, all creeds.
I have lost myself in enchanted Venice, seeking wonderful masks in every corner of its ancient stone walls, its water burried streets.
I have traced dirty, ugly Athens, smelling pollution every second, while ancient Gods whisper in street corners.
I have dragged myself through the humid heat of Bangcock, where freeways fly high between skyscrapers, brushing windows where families dine.
I have cruised the brown chocolate arteries of Cairo, where every hour of the day is a rush hour filled with thousands of working ants and cars bumping cars in a surreal funfair.
I have walked the Autumn golden Prague and chased the shadows of misterious puppets through its cobbled streets.
I have felt the cold Viena, its grim alleys and grimmer inhabitants, wandering the Christmas treasure filled street fairs.
I have conquered bright, imposing Paris, felt the strong brush of its ancient artists.
I have burried my footsteps in the beautiful Rio, felt the fresh forest breeze mingle with the warm, salty sea wind.
I have strolled the gay, elegant Rome, where death was once fun for the mobs inside the great Coliseum.
I have slid through cold, romantic Porto, searching for my other self.
And I carved my footprint a long time ago into pretty, pink, melancholic Lisbon, my city.
And in all of these cities I have tried to lose myself. For never do you really know a metropolis, unless you allow yourself to be lost in its depths, embraced by its secrets, overwhelmed by its ghosts.

Sem comentários: