quarta-feira, 17 de outubro de 2007

MURMÚRIOS DE LISBOA XLVI

Peter Pan’s Smile
dkçldk


Jardim Botânico
kdjkldj

When I was a little girl I believed in Peter Pan. I used to dream he would come into my room through the window and take me with him to fly ... fly ... fly away to Neverland.
Then I grew up and found the secret story hidden beneath Peter Pan children’s tale. The secret story only grown ups can understand.
And I stopped believing in Peter Pan. He was still there, of course, he always is, he’s always in the child we once were, but he becomes more like his own shadow, mixed with the shadow of the child we once were. And we soon forget about him, and he fades away softly in our memory ... like our own childhood fades away ...
ldkdçl
Not long ago I found myself standing in front of a man. A man with no age. I found myself staring into that man’s eyes. And I realized I was standing before Peter Pan himself. Of course I already had my suspicions, but one never really knows until one is faced with the truth.
çlfºçdl
You may wander how can I be so sure he was Peter Pan. Well ... because when he smiled all the children in every corner of the earth laughed inside his eyes and there were dozens of little wrinkles around the corners of those eyes and those are really fairies flying about playfully like tiny butterflies. And when I looked into those eyes and those wrinkles my soul lifted from the ground and flew to a place that is not on any map. A place I suspect is called Neverland ... And that’s how I’m sure it was Peter Pan, cause only Peter can have that kind of smile.
çflºçdlf
Peter Pan’s smile is really his secret weapon to decipher people’s souls. Because only good souls can take off with him and fly. And that’s how I found out I must be a good person. Because I flew smoothly and softly. You see, usually I stumble a lot, stutter even more and get really nervous when I’m facing a total stranger for the first time.
But something amazing happened. Of course I didn’t notice anything strange about my behaviour in that moment. It was only later, when I remembered everything, that I realized what had happened. Everything went on as if I wasn’t really me. I flew. I floated. I walked smoothly. I didn’t shake. I said the right things. I smiled and laughed. I even said jokes! My body moved following some kind of secret rythm, as if I had always done that all my life. (Ok, I stuttered once, but only once!)
And when it was over it felt so surreal, as if I had dreamt the whole thing.
And now I’m sure I did dream the whole thing. Because Peter Pan disappeared and he hasn’t said anything since. What other reason would he have not to say anything, except the fact that nothing ever happened because I dreamt the whole thing?
ldkçldk
Of course we’re talking about Peter Pan. He never stays too long anywhere ... anyway ...
And he likes to play tricks on people. So maybe he’s playing hide and seek.
There’s just one tiny little detail. I’m a grown up Wendy now. And grown up people don’t play hide and seek.
So, if you happen to see Peter Pan flying by near you, could you please tell him that fact of life?
Thank you ...

3 comentários:

pnunes disse...

In english?!?!? Not again :(

Dry-Martini disse...

Peter Pan have told me to tell you that
Sometimes there are no tricks but we can find magical dusts in our skins
Sometimes dreams come true and we can fly inside our neverlands
Sometimes we can run away from our fears with a simple smile
Sometimes we feed our sleeping child’s with a toast of eyes and silence
And no words are needed to know that sometimes we can really fly .)

Dry-Martini disse...

One more thing Wendy, Peter have told me he knows by safety sources that 364 days yearly is the pill box that always watch’s you. I think he loves your touch, but this is my hunch, not Peter’s .)