terça-feira, 15 de maio de 2007

MURMÚRIOS DE LISBOA XXVIII

I Wish I Was The Check-Out Girl
ºdfçkºdlkf

Lagarta no Jardim Botânico
ºdfçkºdlkf
There's this check-out girl at a certain supermarket in Lisbon.
ºdfçkºdlkf
She's a plain girl. Hair pulled back. Nothing special. Some could even say she's ugly. She smiles at everyone. A nice, overly polite stupid sort of smile.
ºdfçkºdlkf
I don't know how she does it. Five hundred people must go through her every single day and to all those five hundred people she smiles her stupid sort of smile, like each one of those five hundred people is a king or a queen.
How the hell does she do that?
ºdfçkºdlkf
I've often wondered if she has anyone at home to smile to. Probably not. I see her with a cat. A grey cat. She smiles to the cat. But the cat doesn't smile back. I see it wondering why the hell she smiles at it like that.
dffsdfd
What is she thinking? What is she looking for? Has anyone ever told her her smile is stupid? Has anyone ever told her her smile is pretty?
ºdfçkºdlkf
I wish I was the check-out girl. I wish I could smile like that to everyone and not feel stupid.
I wish I could forget myself every time I smiled like that to each and every single person that crossed my way.

Sem comentários: