quinta-feira, 21 de janeiro de 2010

Love's Vessel


dskflçd
Long ago, in days past
A simple vessel you gave me
You filled it with love to last
And then you set me free
dfklçd
Out into the world I flew
From love's secret castle
Far, far away did I fly from you
And with me I took that vessel
dlfldk
Life offered me gifts plenty
I loved, laughed and cried
I learned to fall and rise mighty
As I left you behind
lçdkflçd
But that vessel remained with me
And though often forgotten
It never ceased to be
Your love's magic begotten
lçdskflçd
Treasures, a few, it saves
Inside its frail, clear glass
One tiny drop is all it takes
And I am whisked back to the past
lçdkfçklf
To the smell of your skin
As of sweet red wine
To a beating deep within
To your lips on mine
lkfçlf
To hands soft as velvet
On arms strong as vine
From a voice where clouds would melt
To that shiver down my spine
dlçsfkçdf
And it never crossed my mind
I was too distracted to feel
That so frail a vessel could find
Such powerful, lasting will
dslçfklçdf
No, it never was so clear
That your simple, candid vessel
Kept you close all these years
Kept alive love's secret castle
dlçfklçsd
Of wizardry you had no notion
But somehow you conceived
A magical, powerful potion
That in me always lived
dslçfkçlds
Long ago, in days past
"With much love" you wrote to me
Knowing that it would forever last
Far beyond my blind flee
çdlsfkçld
For those words you wrote to me
Are the vessel I kept from thee
And that vessel was meant to be
Your arms wrapped tight around me
dçslfkçds
Long ago, in days past
A simple man offered me
A tiny vessel, a precious flask
Filled with love and dreams to be
çdlfkçdlsf
Fairer words others might woo
Richer, cleverer or wiser
How could they ever compare to you?
They could not, never, ever
dflkçd
For in your vessel, my love, I know
Love will last a thousand years
There your love will for ever grow
And wipe away all my tears

Para ti, P.

Sem comentários: